Recently, I heard an online message where the following was said, “fear is the great slave driver of the human soul.” Sadly, I agree that way too often this is true.
I help women thrive as they travel the path of being the Godly leader they were created and designed to be. Sounds easy enough. Then, why is it so hard?
The Fears that Plague Godly Leaders
How many fear-based messages get space in your head?
- “what if I disappoint God, myself or others?
- “what if I didn’t hear God correctly?
- “what if my past is found out?”
- “what will this mean to my future?”
- “what if I my plan is rejected?”
- “what if _____________”
When we don’t soak in the love of God, and move forth in the courage He provides, fear builds. Some fears come on suddenly, but most build over time. It’s a slow fade from the love of God to the fears that enslave us.
It's a slow fade from the love of God to the fears that enslave us. Click To Tweet
Attack Your Fears With Courage
This is an easy thing to say, right? Yes, it sure is. Putting it into action will get easier.
* Name the Fear – Specifically naming the fear goes a long way to taking away it’s power.
When unnamed, you give the fear power through uncertainty. You give it too much space in your head, you live in opposition to God’s word and so, your fear grows.
2 Timothy 1:7 “For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.”
You demonstrate “power, love and self-discipline” (courage) when you do the work to gain clarity and get to the root of your fear.
* Claim God’s command and His promises of courage – God says in Joshua 1:9, “This is my command—be strong and courageous!…” Did you realize that God actually commands courage?
In the 2 Timothy verse above, we have a promise that puts fear in it’s place. Claim it!
Our fears do not take God by surprise. Thankfully, His word provides an abundance of encouragement and direction that we have nothing to fear.
* Stop trying to go it alone – this is a huge problem! Too many women believe they have to keep their fears to themselves and they have to work through them alone. Stop believing these lies!
God puts people of integrity and wisdom in your path for a purpose.
Philippians 2:4 states, “Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.” Share your fear(s) with someone you trust.
Courage is Calculated
How so? Courage doesn’t just happen because you say, “I’m going to be courageous.” Affirmations are great. But, to stay in the place of courage, it takes more than a positive statement.
To be a person of courage takes intentional action:
- Faith – do you believe God? Do you trust God?
- Meditate – put God’s word into your heart.
- Listen – Romans 10:17, “Faith comes from hearing…”
- Journal – get your thoughts out of your head.
- Share – gain encouragement and support.
To stop the nightmare that fear creates, you need to be calculated.
To stop the nightmare that fear(s) create, you need to be calculated. Click To Tweet
…because you only have One Life to THRIVE
1. Read and meditate on faith scriptures. There are many! Here’s a handful to get you started:
- Ephesians 3:16-17
- 2 Corinthians 5:7
- Romans 15:13
- Hebrews 11:6
- 1 John 5:4
2. Journal within the next 7 days:
– start by attempting to name your fear and write it down.
– write out at least 2 of the scriptures on faith or any others of your choosing.
– write, draw a picture, make a symbol that comes to you as you meditate on the scriptures you wrote down.
Journaling does not have to be overwhelming!
A single word may be all you write down and that may be all you need. I have an “8 Step Guide to Journaling” that I am happy to send you. If you would like this resource, send me a note: Email Coach Deb
3. Reach out to a trusted resource and share. This may be a good friend, pastor or family member.
If you want more professional help getting unstuck and moving forward; consider working with a coach. I am happy to talk with you to determine if we would be a good fit to work together or to help you find the right coach for you. Email Coach Deb
Let me know in the comments below if you accept your challenge to THRIVE.
More to Help You THRIVE…
May 10-13, 2018 A retreat for women ready to connect with God in a mighty way. Women with the courage to follow where God is leading them.
This retreat is very limited on space; only 6 women. Why?
Women NEED space to listen, share, and fully process. We do this best in a small group environment. This setting provides the greatest opportunity for heart transformation and growth.
This is not a conference! I have been hosting intimate retreats since 2010. God shows up in a mighty way as we together dig deep in His word and open our hearts. This is a royal retreat at a castle!
You will have time to pray, connect with others, relax, take a walk, share a cup of tea or even take a nap.
Our souls long for the beauty of God’s creation. The foothills of the Rocky Mountains and Glen Eyrie Castle/grounds in the Eagles Nest Valley are simply breathtaking.
With the backdrop of natural red and golden rock formations in Garden of the God’s, the Lord more than fulfills our longing to be present with Him in the beauty that only He can provide.
Details and registration information:
Authentic Influence Retreat
Use the coupon code: authentic
Have questions? Email Coach Deb