Fall is a WONDERFUL time to focus on connecting with friends. Walk with friends and enjoy the cooler weather over coffee or lunch as the heat of summer is fading. Or, simply for the exercise benefit.
Winter (I know, we don’t want to think about it!) will be here before we know it and we all tend to stay inside more. Many women struggle with emotional blues during the winter. Friends should help one another through this.
Ideas for thinking ahead to nurture friendships and cultivate closeness:
- Host a girls night out to watch a movie. Or, a pajama party with several friends! Have a fire in the fireplace, popcorn and watch a fun chick-flick.
- Check out fall events in your area and make plans with friends to enjoy a festival or drive as the leaves are changing.
- Make sure your calendar reflects birthdays of close friends. Purchase birthday cards so you will have them on hand. Everybody LOVES getting real cards with handwritten notes!
- Host an intimate Bible study. Churches offer Bibles studies, but typically they have several, or even many, women involved. Think about how deep you could go with just two or three women going through a study or book together.
- Take time for lunch with a couple of friends you consider your bestie’s. Don’t believe the lie that you don’t have time!
Every woman needs at least one or two friends to draw really close too. Those ladies you can share your deepest struggles or concerns with, share your crazy silly self with and just know that they will always have your back.
Your email is always protected and will never be shared!